Vermont Dairy Goat Kids For Sale
Updated For 2023 Season:
Ice House Farm dairy goat kids are now available. Our herd is disease free for CAE, CL, Johnes, TB, and Brucellosis.Excellent goat kids from some of the best commercial dairy genetics in New England including Twig Farm, Lazy Lady Farm, Tempo Passa, Mark Hostetler (Bethel), Roeburn, and Redwood Hills. This year we have Alpines and Crosses of Alpine Does with a Saanen Sire from genetic lines averaging over 4,000 pounds of milk per season. The crosses are very hardy, and grow fast. Our herd is on monthly dairy testing and we select for Does that consistently produce higher than average protein % milk. We graze our Does on pasture during the growing season, so these genetics do well on perennial pasture forage, and are selected for producing high quality cheese making milk while on pasture.
Doeling Kids are $100.
Buckling Kids are $50.
- Kids are disbudded ready to go at one week. (bottle babies, unweaned)
- Dams receive CDT and Selenium before birth.
To reserve your goat kids please fill out this reservation form and mail in a $50 deposit per kid. We will contact you in the order of reservation received.
Kids are ready to go at one week of age. They are trained to be bottle fed on Pritchard style teats. We will arrange a time for you to pick up. Delaying pickup of kids is $15 per day boarding fee.
Ice House Farm Goat Kid Reservation Form
- We started our herd from the best dairy genetics we could find. These kids will do well in a commercial dairy or on your homestead.
- We are looking for consistent production in a high forage, pastured based system for our breeding selections. We also select for resistance to internal parasites/barber pole worm.
- Our kids are raised on their mothers colostrum for the first week. In addition they have access to 2nd cut hay starting in the first week.
Environment dictates growth success and disease resistance, our goal is to promote strong healthy kids.
To Reserve your goat kids fill out this form: